Heart-Shaped Vegetable Sandwich
The majority of us are sandwich connoisseurs. Sandwiches include some of our favorite foods by combining bread, cheese, meats, vegetables, and condiments. The best part is that it is simple to make and can be customized as per preferences. Like I made this sandwich for my love with a personal touch.
What is a Heart-Shaped Vegetable Sandwich?
Heart-Shaped Vegetable Sandwiches are a great take on the traditional square or triangle-shaped sandwiches, with your favorite stuffing layer. They are ideal for any picnic or your children’s lunch box, and with Valentine’s Day only a few days away, they are a beautiful surprise to serve your loved ones! They also make adorable exquisite party snacking!
Try these Heart-Shaped Sandwiches if you’re searching for exquisite, dainty, and colorful sandwiches for Valentine’s Day or your next kitty party, luncheon, or simply to treat your kids to some nutritious snacks.
Notable Ingredients At A Glance
Bread – You can use wheat bread, white bread, or any other bread of your choice.
Vegetables – I have used carrots, zucchini, and tomato for this recipe. You can also add in other vegetables like bell peppers, avocados, etc.
Greek yogurt or Hung curd – Greek yogurt or hung curd makes the filling very creamy as well as healthy. It is just a healthy alternative to mayonnaise in sandwiches.
Seasonings – For seasoning, you will need oregano, chili flakes, salt, and pepper.
Tomato ketchup – Tomato ketchup adds a nice sweet and tangy flavor to the sandwich.
Butter – How can we make sandwiches without butter? Butter adds an amazingly rich flavor to it.
How To Make Heart-Shaped Vegetable Sandwiches?
In a bowl, take hung curd. Add the seasonings, oregano, chili flakes, pepper, and salt to it. Mix it thoroughly and keep it aside.
Add the finely chopped vegetables, zucchini, tomatoes, and carrots in another bowl. Add the hung curd mixture to the vegetables. Mix everything very well. Your sandwich stuffing is ready.
Take a bread slice and press a heart-shaped cookie cutter to make the heart shape. Check if the heart is easily removable but do not take it out now. You will find out the reason in a while.
Now apply butter to the bread slices and add the vegetable mixture to the bread slices. Cover it with the bread slice with the heart cut out (do not take out the heart).
Grill the sandwich using some butter till it turns golden brown, which takes about 2 minutes on each side.
Once you have grilled both sides, gently remove the heart from the top slices so the filling is showing in a heart shape. Add the heart to the plate separately and enjoy with ketchup or any condiment.
Some Expert Tips For Preparing Heart-Shaped Vegetable Sandwich
- The veggie filling can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for a day or two.
- Fresh or frozen vegetables will require a longer cooking time.
- This sandwich can be served without being grilled, although we prefer it crispy.
- To make your sandwich even healthier and more delicious, add some greens.
- Place the grilled sandwiches on the cooling rack to keep them crisp and prevent them from becoming soggy from their own heat.
Heart Shaped Vegetable Sandwich
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
Heat Shaped Vegetable Sandwich is very tasty recipe and it is very easy to prepare it. It is super delicious and it is a very flavorful recipe.
- 4 Bread slices
- 1 Carrots – small grated
- 1 Zucchini – small chopped finely
- 1 Tomato – small chopped finely
- ½ cup Hung curd
- 1 tsp Oregano
- ½ tsp Chili flakes
- 1 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp Butter
- ½ tsp Salt
- In a bowl take hung curd add oregano, chili flakes and salt and mix it very well.
- Keep it aside.
- In another bowl take finely chopped zucchini, tomatoes and carrots.
- And add the hung curd mixture.
- Mix everything very well.
- Before applying butter to the bread slices you can make a small heart shaped cut at the center to make it look fancy.
- I have used a cookie cutter to make the heart shaped cut.
- Now lightly apply butter on the bread slices and apply the vegetables mixture to the bread slices.
- Grill the sandwich on a tawa till golden brown in colour which takes about 2 minutes each side and enjoy with tomato ketchup.
Keywords: heart shapped vegetable sandwich