Category: Dinner, Lunch, Main Course
Cooking Method: Frying
Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 20 Mins Cook Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 40 Mins
High Protein Red Kidney Bean (rajma) Burger
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
Beans are packed with plant protein and lots of fiber. It’s a must for weight loss and blood sugar regulation. Enjoy this Ted kidney beans burger.
- 1 cup – Red Kidney beans (Rajma)
- 1 tsp – Coriander powder
- 1 tsp – Ginger finely chopped
- 1 tsp – Garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp – Coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp – Lime juice
- 1/2 cup – oatmeal flour
- ½ tsp – Red chili powder
- ½ tsp – Salt
- 1 – Burger bun
- 4 tbsp – Mint chutney or mayonnaise or butter
- 3 Avocado slices or 1 slice cheese
- 2–3 tomato slices
- 3–4 onions, sliced
- 1 big lettuce leaf
- Wash and soak the rajma overnight for best results. Or use two cans red kidney beans, drained
- After 8 hours drain and wash the rajma under running water and transfer it to a pressure cooker and add 3 cups of water and half teaspoon salt. Pressure cook the rajma for 4 to 5 whistles on medium heat. Or you can boil on the stove top for 30 to 40 minutes till tender.
- Switch off the pressure cooker and open it only when all the pressure from the cooker is released.
- Drain and transfer the rajma.
- Mash the rajma with a masher and add salt, chili powder, coriander powder, finely chopped ginger, finely chopped garlic, coriander leaves, oatmeal flour and mix well.
- Combine all the ingredients well to form a dough. Divide in 4 portions.
- Now oil your hands and shape each portion into a patty.
- The burger patty should be as big as your burger bun.
- Now heat a tawa/grilling pan and sprinkle some oil.
- Grill the burger patty till golden brown on both sides.
- Take one half of the burger bun and apply mint chutney or mayo or butter, add the lettuce, burger patty, avocado slices, sliced tomatoes, sliced onions and cheese slice if using. You can add anything to your burger including micro greens and guacamole- it’s completely up to you.
- Apply mint chutney or Mayo or butter on the other half of the bun and top the burger.
- I made some sweet potato fries with my burger ( optional)
Keywords: high protein burger rajma red kidney beans