High Protein Salad
Salads are synonymous with greens and more greens. However, salads have a lot more to offer in terms of colors, flavors, and nutrition. This vegan protein-rich salad is surely here to provide you with more than just greens.
This salad, in particular, has been designed to provide a high protein intake. This meal-sized salad is a terrific choice if you’re searching for a filling vegan dinner that’s grain-free, rich in protein, high in fiber, and will keep you satisfied for hours!
Salads, contrary to popular belief, can be really filling for your stomach. A decent salad can fill you up without making you feel bad. The calories in a salad bowl are unquestionably lower than those in a burger or pizza.
This salad is ideal when you’re on the run and want to prepare some food ahead of time. It just takes 40 minutes to prepare and is quite simple. The best part is that you probably already have most of these ingredients in your fridge and cupboard!
It’s a great choice for lunch at work, school, a picnic, or carrying in a thermos for walks/hikes.
Notable Ingredients At A Glance
Chickpeas – I have used chickpeas instead of chicken or turkey, as we are making a vegan salad. I kept it easy by using canned chickpeas, but you can always season and bake them for added crunch.
Green Moong and Grams – As the name of the salad suggests, ‘High Protein’; hence, I have included green moong and grams as well, along with chickpeas, to make the dish protein-rich.
Paneer or Cottage Cheese – Paneer is extremely beneficial to the diet because it has a relatively high quantity of fat, protein, and several minerals, including calcium and phosphorus. You can substitute paneer with tofu.
Vegetables – I have added onions, tomatoes, and freshly chopped coriander leaves for veggies. The onions and tomatoes add a kick of taste to the salad. Add some green chilies, too, if you want some spice.
Peanuts – Peanuts add to the salad a nice crunch.
Salt & Black Pepper – For salt, I have used black salt. You can use regular table salt as well. Adjust the quantity of black pepper as per your choice.
Chaat Masala – Chaat masala adds a complex blend of spicy, tangy, and sweet tastes.
Lemon – The tangy taste of the salad is what makes it even more fascinating.
How To Prepare High Protein Salad?
First, soak the chickpeas, grams, and green moong overnight.
The next morning, first start with the chopping. Chop onions, tomatoes, green chilies, and coriander. Also, cut the paneer into small cubes.
Now take a mixing bowl and add all the chopped ingredients. Then add the roasted peanuts, black salt, black pepper, chaat masala, and lemon juice. Give it a good mix.
Garnish with some more chopped coriander and lemon slices. Enjoy!
Some Expert Tips For Preparing High Protein Salad
- If you’re making this for meal prep, put the greens at last or to the side to avoid them becoming soggy.
- The beautiful thing about this salad is that you can make it with any ingredients you have on hand. Feel free to be creative and create your own veggie combination!
- Adjust the amount of seasonings to balance the flavor.
High Protein Salad is very easy and simple to make and does not take much time. It is very flavorful and a must try!
- 1 cup black Chana
- ¾ cup green moong
- 200 grams cottage cheese (paneer), cut into small cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tbsps freshly chopped coriander leaves + for garnish
- ¼ cup roasted skinless peanuts
- Black salt to taste
- 2–3 green chillies, chopped
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- 1 lemon, cut into half
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Soak the black chana and green moong overnight.
- Chop onions,tomatoes, green chillies and coriander.
- Cut paneer into small cubes.
- Now take a mixing bowl and add all the above elements.
- Add roasted peanuts, black salt, black pepper, chat masala and lemon juice. Give it a good mix.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and lemon slices.
Keywords: high protein salad