Homemade Peanut Butter
Peanut butter is a wonderful source of protein, healthy fats, and fiber, whether drizzled on apples, spread on crackers, or squished into protein balls. It is not only nutritious but also delicious, whether crunchy or smooth. It can be used in a variety of ways.
What is Peanut Butter?
Peanut butter is one of the most common spreads loved by people of almost all age groups, especially children. Roasted ground peanuts are used to make peanut butter. Sugar, salt, oils, and anti-separation additives may also be added.
Why Make Homemade Peanut Butter?
Making your own peanut butter at home is fantastic; trust me on this. You can regulate the amount of salt and sweetness (if any) that goes into it, and there is no need for oil, making it far healthier than store-bought peanut butter. In addition, it’s less expensive than most natural peanut butter brands on the market. It’s also way tastier because you can customize it to your liking! Above all, it is super easy to make with very few ingredients. So, instead of hopping around supermarkets for peanut jars of butter, create yours today!
Notable Ingredients At A Glance
Whole Peanuts – The most extensively consumed kind of Runner peanuts have a delightful flavor, excellent roasting properties, and high yields. This medium-sized peanut is great for making peanut butter. You can use raw or roasted peanuts. If going for roasting, use unsalted nuts.
Peanut Oil – I have used peanut oil to smooth out the peanut butter and to keep it from separating in the jar at ambient temperature.
Honey – The use of honey is optional. I like my peanut butter a bit sweet hence I have added honey as the sweetener; you can also use sugar.
Salt – Adjust the salt as per your liking.
How To Prepare Homemade Peanut Butter?
Heat a pan and dry roast the peanuts for 2-3 mins.
Keep it aside and allow it to cool. Once cold, rub them briskly between palms or inside a fresh cloth to remove the skin (if using roasted peanuts, you don’t need to do this.)
Take a food processor and grind it to a fine paste.
Add peanut oil, salt, and honey (if using).
Now grind/blend for another 30 seconds.
Store it in a clean glass jar. Consume fresh fruits, bread, crackers, or anything.
Some Expert Tips For Preparing Homemade Peanut Butter
- Refrigerate in an airtight jar for up to three weeks.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of honey or maple syrup to sweeten the peanut butter. When you add the salt, add the sweetener.
- To flavor the peanut butter, combine spices such as cinnamon or chocolate powder with the salt.
Making fresh,creamy peanut butter is super easy. And yes all you do need is a high powered blender (grinder).
- 1 cup whole peanuts (raw or if you use roasted then use unsalted)
- 1 tbsp Peanut oil
- 1 tbsp honey (optional)
- ½ tsp salt
- Heat a pan and roast the peanuts for 2-3 mins.
- Now cool, and rub briskly between palms or inside a fresh cloth to remove the skin ( if using roasted peanuts you don’t need to do this).
- Grind it fine.
- Add peanut oil, salt and honey (optional).
- Now grind/blend again for for 30 seconds.
- Pour thick and creamy peanut butter into a glass jar.
- Use fresh. Enjoy!