Kadhi is very tasty recipe and it is very easy to prepare it. It is super delicious and it is a very flavorful recipe.
- 2 tbsp – Besan/Chickpea flour
- 2 cups – Curd
- 1 medium size – Onion finely chopped
- 4 – Green chilis slit length wise
- 1 tsp – Chili powder
- ½ tsp – Turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp – Fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp – Ginger paste
- 3 cups – water
- 1 tsp – Sugar
- 1 tsp – Salt
- 2 cups – Besan/Chickpea flour
- 1 small – Onion finely chopped
- 1 finely chopped – Green chili
- ¼ tsp – Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp – Chili powder
- Oil for frying
- 1 tbsp – Ghee
- 2 – Whole dry red chilis
- 1 tsp – Mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp – Asafetida
- 1/2 tsp – Red chili powder
- In a large mixing bowl take besan, finely chopped onion, finely chopped green chili, turmeric powder, chili powder and salt.
- Add ½ cup water and mix well. Make a smooth bater free of lumps.
- The batter should not be runny or thick but pouring consistency..Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Fry the pakoras in low heat and slowly for 20 minutes. Set aside in paper towel.
- Take a bowl add curd, besan, 3 cups water, turmeric powder, chili powder, salt and sugar.
- Mix them all very well. Heat a kadai add 2tbsp of oil.
- Now add fenugreek seeds, chilis, ginger paste and onion and saute for 7 to 8 minutes till the onion becomes transparent do not brown the onions.
- At this stage add the curd mixture and mix well. Cook on medium heat.
- Bring it to a boil, after the first boil reduce the heat to low and keep cooking for at least 20 minutes. the more the kadhi is cooked on low heat the better it tastes.
- Now add the pakoras which we had made earlier.
- Keep cooking on low heat for another 10 minutes so that the pakoras absorb all the flavours.
- Now heat a small pan add ghee, mustard seeds, whole dry red chilis, asafetida and let them splutter.
- Switch off the heat and add chili powder.Mix well and pour it over the kadhi. Garnish with green coriander.