Yields: 1 Serving Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 30 Mins
This is a really tasty chicken dish you can make so easily and make the whole family so happy. Make it soon and you’ll love the compliments.
- 800 gm (1.7 lbs) Chicken
- 2 Onion – medium thinly sliced
- 2 Tomatoes – medium thinly sliced and pureed
- ½ tbsp Ginger – minced
- ½ tbsp Garlic – minced
- ½ cup Curd
- 2 tbsp Kasuri Methi/Dry Fenugreek Leaves
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ cup Fresh Green Coriander – finely chopped
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Everest Chicken Masala (optional)
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Oil (Any cooking oil can be used I have used mustard oil)
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Milk/Cream
- Marinade the chicken overnight with salt, lime juice and pepper powder.
- Heat a kadai or a deep pan and heat oil. Now add onions with the salt and fry till browned. Now add the ginger-garlic paste and tomato puree. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add curd, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chilli powder, garam masala powder, kasuri methi and chicken masala. Mix them all well.
- Add chicken and cook on high heat for 7 to 8 minutes. Add water and cover and cook the chicken till it becomes tender.
- Now add milk/cream and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on low.
- I have added milk as I did not have cream at home.
- Garnish with fresh coriander before serving.
- Yummy Kasuri chicken is ready, serve with Indian flat bread i.e. roti, naan, parantha and even steamed rice.
Keywords: kasuri chicken