Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 5 Mins Total Time: 20 Mins
This is a high protein nutritious salad which can be eaten at any time of the day and is a complete meal in itself.
- 1 cup Kidney Beans – soaked for 6 to 7 hours or overnight
- 1 cup Corn Kernels
- ½ cup Zucchini – chopped fine into 1 cm cubes
- 1 cup Tomato – chopped fine into 1 cm cubes
- 1 cup Cucumber – chopped fine into 1 cm cubes
- 1 tsp Chili Flakes
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Rock Salt
- Let us first boil the kidney beans.
- In a pressure cooker add the kidney beans along with 2cups of water. After one whistle reduce the flame and cook for 20 minutes.
- Open the pressure cooker once the pressure is released.
- Drain off all the water after boiling the kidney beans.
- Now in a bowl add kidney beans, corn kernels, cucumber, zucchini, tomatoes, olive oil, oregano, chili flakes, lime juice and salt.
- Give the salad a good toss and chill it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy cool at any time of the day.
Keywords: kidney beans corn salad