Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Difficult Prep Time: 40 Mins Cook Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 1 Hr
Kung Pao Chicken is a Chinese stir-fried chicken recipe with the perfect combination of salty, sweet and spicy flavours!
- 400 gms Chicken – boneless
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour
- 4 tbsp White Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- 7 to 8 Whole Red Chili – cut into 1 cm length
- 1 bowl Green Onions – finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Dark Vinegar
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1/4 cup Peanuts – roasted
- 1 tbsp Ginger – finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Garlic – finely chopped
- 4 tbsp Oil
- Marinade the chicken with salt, corn starch, vinegar and soy sauce.
- Mix everything well and keep it aside for half an hour.
- Now let us prepare the chicken.
- Heat a wok add oil.
- Now add the finely chopped ginger and garlic along with the red chilies.
- Sauté on low heat for 2 to 3 minutes or till the raw smell of garlic goes away.
- Add the marinaded chicken and mix everything well.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add dark vinegar and pepper powder.
- Mix well.
- Now add honey and let it cook again for a minute.
- Add green onions and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add the roasted peanuts and mix everything very well.
- Do not cook too much after you add the peanuts as we don’t want the peanuts to become soft and soggy.
- Kung Pao Chicken is now ready to serve.
- Enjoy it warm as a side dish or as a snack.
Keywords: kung pao chicken