I have always loved experimenting with dishes. This desi twist to cheesecake totally amazed my guest the last time when I made it for a house party. Laddu and cheesecake are my two most favorite desserts. Combing both to form this unique dessert gives me immense joy and explodes my taste buds.
What is Laddu Cheesecake?
Laddu Cheesecake is a fusion dessert with a crumbly biscuit base, cream cheese mousse, and delicious motichoor ladoo crumble and crunchy pistachios on top. This dessert is served in shot glasses, which create a perfect portion. Laddu Cheesecake can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated for dinner parties.
Many people make motichoor laddus at home. In that case, you can use your homemade laddu for this dish. Alternatively, you can also buy the laddus from your favorite sweet shop.
If you use store-bought laddus, it will take you no more than 30 minutes to assemble this dessert. Can you believe such a beautiful-looking dessert is so simple to make?
Notable Ingredients at a Glance:
Laddoos – You can buy motichoor laddoos from any Indian grocery store or sweet shop. If you want to prepare laddus at home, that will work too. It is just that it will increase your preparation time.
Biscuits – You can use any biscuits of your choice. But, I would suggest using Parle-G or Lotus Biscoff to get the unique flavors.
Butter – Butter adds to the overall taste of the dessert. You can use any vegan alternative for the vegan version.
Cream cheese – Use full-fat cream cheese. Cheesecake is not the time to cut corners. Most cheesecake recipes call for either heavy cream or sour cream to soften the texture of the cheese and add moisture.
Heavy cream – Heavy cream adds to the thick consistency of the cheesecake. You can also use whipped cream. The sole distinction is the amount of fat in each. Heavy cream contains approximately 36% fat, whereas whipping cream includes approximately 30% fat. This indicates that rich cream makes better, thicker whipped cream! Because this is going into a cheesecake, I believe it will be an acceptable substitute.
Sugar – Use powdered sugar if you are using sugar. You can also use honey, agave syrup, maple syrup, coconut sugar, or any other low-calorie sweetener instead of sugar.
Silver leaf or Vark – Vark is a thin filigree foil sheet of pure metal, usually silver but occasionally gold, that is used to embellish desserts. If it’s hard to come by, you can skip it.
Cardamom powder – Cardamom adds a sweet and woody flavor to the dessert.
Chopped nuts – You can add almonds, pistachio, cashew, or any other nuts of your choice.
How to prepare Laddu Cheesecake?
Add the biscuits, cardamom powder, one tablespoon of sugar, and butter to a blender. Grind them for 30 seconds or till fine crumbs are formed.
Take the laddus and smash them in a bowl (make sure not to break the small boondies).
Add cream cheese to a mixing bowl, and whisk with a wire whisk for 5 minutes. Now add the heavy cream and remaining one tablespoon powdered sugar and whisk for another 5-6 mins till it is fluffy.
Now that we have all our elements ready, we will layer them one by one.
In a pudding jar, fill the first layer with three teaspoons of the biscuit crumb. Press down gently to form a uniform layer.
After filling the first layer with the biscuit crumbs, fill the second layer with two tablespoons of the smashed laddus.
Next, spoon the cheese-cream layer. Finally, fill the top with the remaining portion of the smashed laddus.
Garnish with chopped nuts and silver vark, and enjoy.
Some Expert Tips for Preparing Laddu Cheesecake
- You can use 3/4 cup whipped cream for a lighter texture in your cheesecake layer.
- You can also use saffron for garnishing.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 6 pieces 1x
Laddu Cheesecake is very easy and simple to make and does not take much time. Super easy Holi dessert!
- 6 pcs Laddoos (you can buy motichoor laddoos I’m any Indian grocery store)
- 12 pcs Biscuits (Parle-G or any other biscuit)
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/4th cup Cream cheese
- 1/4th cup Heavy cream
- 2 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 1 leaf Silver leaf (Vark)
- ¼ tsp Cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp Chopped nuts (almonds, pistachio & cashew)
- In a blender add the biscuits, cardamom powder, 1 tbsp sugar and butter.
- Blend for 30 seconds till it is a fine mixture.
- In a pudding jar fill the first layer with 3 tsp of the biscuit mixture. Press gently down.
- Take the laddus and smash them (make sure not to break the small boondies)
- Fill the second layer with 2 tbsp of the smashed laddus.
- Take a mixing bowl add cream cheese and with a wire whisk, whisk for 5 mins.
- Now add the heavy cream and remaining 1 tbsp powdered sugar and whisk for another 5-6 mins till it is fluffy. ( Do this before you assemble).
- Next spoon the cheese-cream layer.
- Fill the top with remaining portion with the smashed laddus.
- Garnish with chopped nuts and silver vark.
Keywords: laddu cheesecake