Most of the time we throw away leftover rice or sabzi. Well let’s not do that any more here is a quick, easy and yummy recipe to avoid wastage of food and do a makeover for the leftover food.
- 1 bowl Rice
- 1 cup Chicken – deboned and shredded
- ½ cup Cooked Poha
- 1 bowl Cooked vegetable (any cooked vegetable will do which can be mashed well)
- 1 Onion – medium size finely chopped
- 2 Green chilli – finely chopped
- ½ cup Fresh coriander – finely chopped
- 1 Potato – boiled
- 1 cup Bread crumbs (if you do not have bread crumbs use 2 tbsp besan/maida)
- ¼ cup Water
- ¼ cup Oil – for frying
- 1 tsp Salt
- Mix all the above ingredients one by one except water, salt and oil.
- While mixing the ingredients if it feels very dry add some water but do not add all the water together as then the mixture might become very loose.
- Once all the ingredients are mashed and mixed well check the salt, if you feel it is less then add some salt.
- Note: We are adding salt after mixing all the ingredients as most of the items are cooked and have salt in them so to avoid excess salt, we are adding the salt in the end.
- After mixing all the ingredients form small cutlets, you can shape them in any form round, square and even triangle.
- Now heat a girdle drizzle some oil and shallow fry the cutlets on medium heat for about 3 to 4 minutes. Then flip them and fry the other side also till the cutlets attain a golden brown colour.
- The leftover cutlets are now ready, enjoy them with tomato ketchup or any chutney of your choice.
Keywords: leftover makeover