Winters bring in loads of green vegetables and Methi is one of my personal favourite. We all know about the benefits of green vegetables, so let’s see how to make Methi Malai Matar.
- 500 gms Methi/Fenugreek Leaves
- 1 cup Green Peas
- 1 cup Fresh Cream (you can use tetra pack as well)
- 2 Tomatoes – chopped length wise
- 1 Onion – medium, chopped length wise
- 1 inch Ginger
- 5 to 6 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 2 Green Chili – finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Mustard Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- First of all, remove the methi leaves from the stem and wash them thoroughly under running water.
- Keep them aside.
- Heat a kadai add oil.
- Add onion, ginger, garlic and saute for a minute on medium heat.
- Add salt and saute.
- Add green chili and saute again.
- Now add the tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes become soft.
- Add half cup water to avoid the masala sticking to the bottom of the kadai.
- At this stage add cumin powder, garam masala powder, red chili powder and saute till the masala is well cooked which will take about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Now switch off the gas and let the masala cool down.
- Blend it in a blender and make a smooth paste.
- Heat the kadai again. ( I have not added any more oil if you want you can add some oil to fry the masala.)
- Add the onion tomato puree and saute it on low heat for two minutes.
- Now add green peas and saute for a minute.
- Cover and cook for two minutes.
- Add the methi leaves and mix everything well.
- Cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or till the methi leaves are cooked.
- Dry up all the water from the methi leaves.
- Now add the cream and mix everything well.
- Do not cook on high heat as it may cause the cream to split.
- Cook for a minutes after adding cream and switch off the gas.
- Your Methi Malai Matar is now ready to serve.
- Enjoy it with roti, paratha or naan.
Keywords: methi malai matar