Yields: 20 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 8 Mins Total Time: 23 Mins
Mung Dal tikki is very tasty recipe and it is very easy to prepare it. It is super delicious and it is a very flavorful recipe.
- 1 cup mung dal
- ¼ cup poha
- ½ cup finely chopped onion (optional)
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger grated
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- Oil for frying
- Wash and soak the mung dal for 2 to 3 hours.
- After 3 hours drain off all the excess water and wash it thoroughly under running water.
- In a mixer grinder add the mung dal and grind it coarsely with as little water as possible.
- In the meantime, wash the poha and keep it in a strainer for all the excess water to drain out.
- Now transfer the dal to a large mixing bowl and add finely chopped onions, green chilies, cumin seeds, coriander leaves, salt and the drained poha.
- Mix everything well and make a smooth dough.
- Take small portions of the dal mixture and flatten them on your palm and form small tikkis.
- Once the tikkis are made keep them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat a tawa grease it with oil and shallow fry the tikkis on low heat till they turn golden brown in colour which takes about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- You can even deep fry the tikkis but I prefer to shallow fry them.
- Once done you can serve the tikkis hot with mint or tamarind chutney.
Keywords: mung dal tikki