Yields: 2 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 20 Mins Cook Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 40 Mins
Mungdal and Mooli patta Bhujia is a winter delicacy as Mooli/Radish is available only in winters
- 2 cups Mooli ke patta/Radish leaves – washed and finely chopped
- ½ cup Mungdal – washed and soaked for 30 minutes
- ½ tsp Asafetida
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 4 Green chili – slit length wise (optional)
- 1 tsp Rock salt (you can use table salt as well)
- 2 tbsp Mustard Oil (you can use any oil of your choice)
- Drain off all the water from the mungdal and keep it aside.
- Heat a kadai add oil.
- Now add asafetida and cumin seeds and let the cumin seeds splutter.
- Add green chilies and saute for a minute.
- Add the Mungdal, salt, turmeric powder and red chili powder and mix well.
- Add 1 cup water and cover and cook on low heat for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Now add the mooli ke patte and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8 to 9 minutes.
- Remove the cover and make sure that all the water has dried up.
- Your Mungdal and Mooli ke patte ki Bhujia is ready to serve.
- Enjoy it with roti, paratha or rice.
Keywords: mungdal mooli patta bhujia