A simple yummy and easy recipe.
- 2 cups Mushrooms
- 1 cup Bell peppers – cut into half inch cubes
- 1 Onion – medium size cut into half inch cubes
- ½ cup Fresh green coriander
- 1 tbsp Garlic – crushed in a mortar and pestle
- 2 tsp Dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 2 Green chili – finely chopped
- 1 tsp Pepper powder
- 2 tsp Oil
- ½ tsp Salt (I have used less salt as soy sauce and tomato ketchup both have salt in them)
- Wash and cut the mushrooms into half.
- Heat oil.
- Add garlic, reduce the heat so that the garlic does not get burnt.
- Now add mushrooms, sauté on low heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add green chili, salt, soy sauce and tomato ketchup.
- Mix them all well.
- Keep the heat low.
- Now add pepper powder and sauté.
- Mushrooms will give out lot of water.
- Add onions sauté well.
- Now add the bell peppers and keep sautéing for two more minutes or till the water reduces.
- Do not cook the bell peppers for too long as we want them to remain crunchy and not become soft.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot with rice or roti or enjoy as it is like a salad.
Keywords: mushroom garlic pepper fry