Mushroom Garlic Pepper
This recipe is for you if you’re short on time and want something quick to eat without resorting to takeout. It is simple to prepare and gets ready in no time. It’s excellent for those hectic weeknights when you need a quick, delicious, and nutritional meal. You’ll enjoy it for its rich flavors and ease of preparation. Furthermore, mushrooms are abundant in fiber, potassium, and vitamin C, making them a good element for the prevention of cardiovascular disease.
What is Mushroom Garlic Pepper?
Garlic & Pepper Mushroom Stir Fry is a quick and delicious appetizer or side dish for a casual supper or a party. It is ideal for those hectic weeknights when you need to prepare something pleasant and nutritious quickly.
It is a favorite due to its simple flavors and ease of preparation. Serve it with warm polenta or your favorite way of making eggs to make it a more healthful snack. The mushroom garlic pepper stir fry recipe is certain to satisfy many of your guests.
This is a fairly typical dish in Spain, with numerous versions using more or fewer ingredients. However, garlic is always present. It imparts a pleasantly pungent flavor and scent to this and other veggies.
This meal includes black peppers as well as additional seasonings; one of the recipe’s features is the spice of black pepper.
Notable Ingredients At A Glance
Mushrooms – You can use button mushrooms or any other variety that are readily available near you.
Garlic – Garlic is the main ingredient here. So, use fresh garlic cloves.
Bell peppers – I have added bell peppers to enhance color and crunch.
Onion – The sweetness of the onion balances the flavors really well.
Coriander or Cilantro – The fresh aroma of cilantro adds to the flavors. You can also use other herbs like oregano, rosemary, etc.
Pepper – Pepper powder is the key spice of this recipe. The earthy and hot flavors of pepper give a characteristic taste to the dish.
Soy Sauce – Use high-quality dark soy sauce.
Tomato Ketchup – Tomato ketchup’s sweet and tangy flavor balances the flavors nicely.
Green Chili – The addition of pepper already makes this dish a bit spicy; therefore, the addition of green chili is up to you. If you want added spice, you can add or skip it.
Oil – I suggest using olive oil for this recipe. However, you can use any other neutral oil too.
Salt – I used less salt because soy sauce and tomato ketchup contain salt.
How To Prepare Mushroom Garlic Pepper?
Begin by washing and cutting the mushrooms in half (I have used button mushrooms).
Next, heat the oil in a pan and garlic. Make sure to reduce the heat so that the garlic does not get burnt.
Now add mushrooms, and sauté on low heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
Subsequently, add green chili, salt, soy sauce, and tomato ketchup. Mix them all well. Keep the heat low throughout the preparation. The mushrooms will give out a lot of water with time.
When the mushrooms are semi-cooked, add pepper powder and sauté.
Finally, add onions and bell peppers and keep sautéing for two more minutes or till the water reduces. Do not cook the onions and bell peppers for too long, as we want them to remain crunchy.
Serve warm as an appetizer, snack, or side dish.
Some Expert Tips for Preparing Mushroom Garlic Pepper
- Because of the inclusion of black pepper, the dish is hot and intense. If desired, reduce the black pepper to 1/2 tbsp.
- Capsicum (green bell pepper) is optional. If you don’t want to use capsicum, you can skip it.
A simple yummy and easy recipe.
- 2 cups Mushrooms
- 1 cup Bell peppers – cut into half inch cubes
- 1 Onion – medium size cut into half inch cubes
- ½ cup Fresh green coriander
- 1 tbsp Garlic – crushed in a mortar and pestle
- 2 tsp Dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 2 Green chili – finely chopped
- 1 tsp Pepper powder
- 2 tsp Oil
- ½ tsp Salt (I have used less salt as soy sauce and tomato ketchup both have salt in them)
- Wash and cut the mushrooms into half.
- Heat oil.
- Add garlic, reduce the heat so that the garlic does not get burnt.
- Now add mushrooms, sauté on low heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add green chili, salt, soy sauce and tomato ketchup.
- Mix them all well.
- Keep the heat low.
- Now add pepper powder and sauté.
- Mushrooms will give out lot of water.
- Add onions sauté well.
- Now add the bell peppers and keep sautéing for two more minutes or till the water reduces.
- Do not cook the bell peppers for too long as we want them to remain crunchy and not become soft.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot with rice or roti or enjoy as it is like a salad.
Keywords: mushroom garlic pepper fry