Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 10 Mins Total Time: 20 Mins
A semi dry and delicious vegetable recipe made with peas and mushroom. Try this easy vegan recipe during this festive season.
- 2 cups Mushroom – cut into halves
- 1 Onion – medium, chopped roughly
- 3 Tomato – medium, chopped roughly
- 1 cup Green Peas
- 1 tsp Kasuri Methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
- 1 tbsp Ginger–Garlic Paste – ½ tbsp ginger and ½ tbsp garlic
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup Water
- In a blender puree the tomato and onion to a fine paste.
- Heat oil and add the tomato-onion puree. Mix well.
- Now add salt, chili powder, coriander powder and ginger-garlic paste.
- Sauté on low.
- Add turmeric powder and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add garam masala sauté again for a minute or two.
- Now add mushrooms and mix well.
- Cover and cook for a minute, now add the green peas.
- Mushrooms give out a lot of water, so let all the water dry.
- Keep stirring so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add kasuri methi and mix well.
- Now add water, mix well and bring it to a boil.
- Cover and cook for thirty seconds. If you want it dry you can reduce the gravy.
- Your mushroom matar masala is ready to serve.
- Garnish with some fresh coriander and enjoy with roti naan or paratha.
Keywords: mushroom matar masala peas