Yields: 2 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 30 Mins
Mushroom Methi Malai is very tasty recipe and it is very easy to prepare it. It is super delicious and it is a very flavorful recipe.
- 200 gms mushroom washed and cut into half
- ½ cup green peas
- 1 medium size onion thinly sliced
- 7 to 8 garlic cloves
- 2 green chilies
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 green cardamom crushed in a mortar and pestle
- 2 tbsp kasuri methi
- 1 tsp garam masala (Everest garam masala)
- ½ cup cream
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil (you can use butter or ghee as well)
- In a pan take the sliced onions, green chilies, garlic cloves and half cup water.
- Cover n boil all of them till they become tender, it takes about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Now let it cool. Once the onions have cooled down put them in a mixer grinder and make a smooth puree. Keep it aside.
- Heat a kadai add oil.
- Now add the bay leaves and green cardamom.
- Add the onion puree, salt, kasuri methi and garam masala and cook on medium heat for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and green peas and cover and cook for 7 to 9 minutes on low heat.
- The mushrooms will release lot of water. Let all the water dry up.
- Now add salt and garam masala and mix well.
- Add cream and mix again.
- Do not increase the heat after adding cream or else it might split.
- Cook on low heat for about 2 minutes and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Your MUSHROOM Methi Malai is now ready to serve.
- Enjoy with rice, roti or paratha.
Keywords: mushroom methi malai