There are many of us who don’t eat onions and garlic. So I wanted to share a re pie that tastes yummy even without these two ingredients. Try it and you’ll see!
- 1½ cup Rajma or Red Kidney Beans – washed and soaked or two cans
- 3 Tomato – medium pureed
- 1 tsp Asafetida/Hing Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds or Jeera
- 1 tsp Rock Salt – (you can use table salt also)
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 tsp Ginger Paste
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tbsp Oil
- ½ cup Curd
- Wash and soak the rajma for at least 5 to 6 hours or overnight.
- In a pressure cooker put rajma and 4 cups of water, 1tsp salt and 1tsp turmeric powder and cook the rajma till it becomes soft.
- After one whistle reduce the flame and cook for 20 minutes.
- Open the pressure cooker only when all the pressure is released.
- Keep it aside. Or open two cans cooked rajma. Drain the liquid.
- Heat oil in a kadai, put jeera and let it splutter.
- Now add tomato puree.
- Mix it well now add salt, chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, ginger paste and asafetida.
- Mix all the ingredients well and sauté on medium heat.
- Once all the moisture from the masala evaporates add yogurt.
- Mix it well with the masala well and let it cook on low heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now add the cooked rajma and stir well.
- Add 1 cup of water and adjust the consistency of rajma.
- Cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add some ghee and mix well( optional)
- Garnish with some fresh coriander and serve with steamed rice.
Keywords: no onion no garlic rajma kidney beans