Yields: 8 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 20 Mins Cook Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 35 Mins
Palak Kofta Curry is very tasty recipe and it is very easy to prepare it. It is super delicious and it is a very flavorful recipe.
- 1 bunch Palak/Spinach, washed and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp Besan/Chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp rice Flour
- 1 tsp finely chopped Ginger-Garlic
- 1 medium size Potato boiled and mashed
- 1 green Chili finely chopped
- 100 gms Paneer/Cottage Cheese
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 medium size Onion roughly chopped
- 3 medium size Tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil
- In a large bowl add roughly chopped palak, finely chopped ginger-garlic, besan, rice flour, boiled potato, salt and cottage cheese.
- Combine them all very well and make a smooth dough. Your kofta mix is now ready.
- Apply some oil on your palms and take a small portion of the kofta mixture and make small golf ball size koftas.
- Now heat oil in a kadai for deep frying.
- Place the koftas in the kadai gently and fry them till golden brown in colour.
- Fry the koftas at low heat, it takes about 3 to 4 minutes to fry each kofta.
- Once done remove them from oil and keep them aside.
- Now let us prepare the curry.
- In a mixer grinder add onion, tomatoes and ginger garlic paste. Make a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a kadai add bay leaves and saute for 30 seconds now add the onion-tomato puree and ginger-garlic paste.
- Saute the mixture for 3 to 4 minutes and add all the dry masalas like salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and chilli powder and saute on medium heat for 7 to 8 minutes or till the masala starts leaving the sides of the kadai and oil separates.
- Now add water and give it a nice boil. Add the fried palak koftas one by one.
- Make sure not to boil the gravy for very long as the koftas might break.
- Garnish with green coriander leaves and enjoy Palak kofta curry with rice, roti or paratha.
Keywords: palak kofta curry