Yields: 1 Serving Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 30 Mins
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
Palak Paneer is a big hit in our home! Can use tofu instead of paneer for vegan option.
- 1 bunch (500gms/2 cups) Spinach/Palak
- 200 gms – 1 cup Paneer/Tofu – cut into cubes
- 1 Onion – medium roughly chopped
- 2 Tomato – medium size roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil/Butter
- Wash and clean the palak thoroughly.
- Blanch the palak in hot water for 5 minutes. Take it out and transfer it to a bowl containing ice cold water this process helps in retaining the green colour of the palak. Soak the palak in iced water for 2 minutes.
- Now take out the palak and blend it in a blender and make a smooth puree.
- Keep it aside.
- Do not add water while grinding the palak.
- Now let us make the masala for the Palak paneer.
- In a blender add the chopped onion, tomato and ginger garlic paste and blend it well.
- Now heat oil, add the onion tomato paste, salt, coriander powder, red chilli powder and garam masala powder and mix well. Add the turmeric powder and cook for 5 minutes till the oil separates out.
- Now add the palak puree and give it a good mix. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Do not overcook as the palak is already cooked. Now add the paneer pieces. Paneer cubes can also be fried before adding to the palak.
- Give it a good mix. Let it boil for a minute or two. Now add the cream, mix well. Do not boil after adding the cream as the cream might curdle.
- Serve Warm and enjoy!
Keywords: palak paneer