Paneer Paratha is a popular Indian flatbread made with wheat flour and crumbled cottage cheese stuffing. It is super delicious and makes a filling breakfast or lunch.
- 2 cups Wheat Flour
- 1¼ cup Water (approximately)
- 200 gms Paneer
- 1 Onion – medium size finely chopped
- 2 Green chillies – finely chopped
- ½ tsp Red chili powder (optional)
- 1 tsp Amchur/Dry Mango Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- Oil/Ghee for frying the parathas
- Knead the flour with water and form a smooth dough. Let the dough rest for half an hour.
- In a bowl take the paneer and mix all the above ingredients except oil. Mash the paneer well so that there are no lumps. Keep it aside.
- Now divide the wheat flour dough into equal size balls. Fill in the stuffing into the balls and roll out the stuffed ball in the form of a disc (approx. 8” diameter) with the help of a rolling pin.
- Heat a girdle and put some oil/ghee now put the rolled out parantha on it.
- Put some oil on the parantha and on the sides of the parantha as well.
- Roast the parathas from both the sides till they are golden brown in colour.
- Prepare all the other parathas in the same manner.
- Enjoy hot paneer paratha with pickle and curd.
Chaat masala can also be used if amchur is not available but then reduce the quantity of salt as chaat masala has salt in it.
Keywords: paneer paratha