Yields: 24 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 30 Mins Cook Time: 2 Hr Total Time: 2 Hr 30 Mins
Patishapta is very tasty recipe and it is very easy to prepare it. It is super delicious and it is a very flavorful recipe.
- 2 cups Parboiled rice
- 2 tbsp Maida
- ½ cup Milk
- ½ cup Date palm jaggery
- Ghee – for greasing the girdle
- 2 cups Coconut – grated
- 1 cup Milk made
- 1 cup Date palm jaggery – grated
- Wash the rice and soak in 4 cups of water for 7 to 8 hours or overnight.
- After 8 hours wash the rice very well under running water.
- Add the rice grains to a mixer grinder along with milk and make a smooth paste.
- Do not use water to grind the rice.
- Transfer it to a mixing bowl and add maida and jaggery.
- Add half cup milk if you feel the batter is very thick.
- Mix very well, there should not be any lumps.
- The batter should not be very thick or thin.
- Cover the batter and keep the bater aside for atleast 3 hours.
- This will allow the jaggery to melt properly and the maida to mix well.
- Now let us prepare the filing.
- Heat a kadai add grated coconut and jaggery and mix well.
- Cook it on low heat or else the jaggery will burn.
- Keep stirring so the jaggery coconut mixture does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the jaggery melts add the milk maid and mix again.
- It will take about 10 to 12 minutes for the coconut mixture to reach the desired consistency.
- Now keep it aside and let it cool.
- Heat a girdle/tawa, drizzle very little ghee.
- Since we are using a non-stick pan you can even avoid using ghee.
- Take a ladle full of the batter and pour it on the tawa and make a round or oval shaped thin crepe about 10 to 12 cms in diameter.
- With the help of a spoon put some filling and fold the crepe with help of a spatula.
- We have to cook only one side of the crepe and all the cooking will be on low heat.
- Transfer the Patishapta from the girdle to a plate and continue making rest of the Patishapta with the remaining batter.
- Patishapta can be eaten hot or even cold. They can be stored in a refrigerator for 7 to 10 days.