Pomegranate Dark Chocolate Bites
Who doesn’t love chocolates? Trust me, these dark chocolate and pomegranate bites will make you fall in love with chocolates in a way that you have never imagined.
What are pomegranate dark chocolate bites?
Dark chocolate pomegranate bites are a quick and easy-to-make appetizer or sweet snack for the holidays! Melted dark chocolate is topped with pomegranate arils and sea salt before hardening and swiftly disappearing. Perfect with a glass of red wine and some wonderful companions!
They are easy to pick up and bite into, with melty smooth chocolate covering the juicy pomegranate arils with a hint of crunch and the crunchy sea salt flakes to top it all off.
Did I mention these take less than 5 minutes to make? If you’re anything like me and are always late to all of these holiday parties, then this is the recipe for you! Easy to make last-minute sweet bites for gifting or welcoming guests.
Notable Ingredients at a Glance
Pomegranate: Pick fresh and red pomegranates from the market. The fresher the pomegranates, the more delightful they will be. Fresh pomegranates tend to have crunchier arils which make them ideal for use in layered candies like these.
Dark Chocolate: You can take dark compound chocolate or dark chocolate chips, whichever is readily available. In case you don’t like dark chocolates, you can also try this recipe with milk chocolates or mix dark and milk chocolate together, based on your preference.
Flaky Sea Salt: Normal table salt is not suitable for this recipe. But that does not mean that you need the fanciest of sea salts. A mild salt that has moderate to large flakes is ideal for this recipe. The mildness of the salt is what we’re looking for in this case since you will be directly tasting them on the chocolate, which is sweet and needs the salt to balance the flavor profile of the chocolate.
How to prepare pomegranate dark chocolate bites?
Begin by chopping the dark chocolate compound into shreds. If you buy chocolate chips, the chopping will be eliminated.
In a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate. Do follow the packet instructions, if any.
Stir slowly until all of the chocolate lumps are melted.
Add in the pomegranate seeds and stir gently until they are entirely coated in chocolate.
Take a large tray and pour the chocolate into small coin-sized dollops.
Garnish with pomegranate seeds and sea salt flakes on top.
Refrigerate for 4 hours. Your pomegranate dark chocolate bites are ready to be enjoyed!
Some expert tips for preparing pomegranate dark chocolate bites
- For this recipe, be sure you use high-quality chocolate.
- You can also use a muffin tray with paper muffin cups or silicone muffin cups if you’re thinking of gifting.
- Before serving, keep these nibbles in the refrigerator. They can also be frozen; keep them in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- These small sweets would be a perfect gift for Valentine’s Day, Christmas, or a hostess present!
Pomegranate Dark Chocolate Bites is very easy and simple to make and does not take much time. It is very flavorful and a must try!
- 1 cup + some extra for garnishing Pomegranate seeds
- 400 gm Dark chocolate
- Chop the dark chocolate compound into shreds.
- In a double boiler melt the dark chocolate
- Slowly stir till all the chocolate lumps are melted.
- Now add the pomegranate seeds and stir till all are coated with chocolate.
- Take a large tray and pour the chocolate in small amounts.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours.
Keywords: pomegranate dark chocolate bites