Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 5 Mins Cook Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 20 Mins
Another dish for our festive occasion. It’s easy and delicious.
- 1 cup Suji (semolina or semolina flour)
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1½ cup Water or Milk (hot water if using water)
- 10 to 12 Almonds – roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp Raisins
- 7 to 8 Cashewnuts – roughly chopped
- Heat ghee in a pan
- Now add suji. Roast the suji by stirring frequently on low till it gives out a nice aroma and turns slightly brown in colour. When the suji turns brown in colour it means that it has been roasted 6-8 minutes)
- Once the suji has been roasted well add the hot water or milk (mand keep stirring.
- Now add sugar and mix well. Cook on low for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add cardamom and mix.
- Add raisins and nuts at this stage.
- Mix well and check the sweetness of the halwa, if you want it sweeter add more sugar.
- Your suji halwa is now ready to serve, garnish with some chopped almonds.
Keywords: prasad halwa suji