Yields: 2 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 40 Mins Cook Time: 10 Mins Total Time: 50 Mins
Kala Chana is abundant in iron, proteins and vitamin B6. Hope you like this recipe some of us have during religious time.
- 1 cup Kala Chana
- 2 Green Chili – finely chopped
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1½ tsp Rock Salt – 1tsp while boiling the chana and ½ tsp while cooking
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Chana Masala
- 1 tsp Amchur Powder
- 2 tbsp Mustard Oil
- Let us boil the chana.
- Soak the chana in 3 cups water for 7 to 8 hours or overnight.
- Next day morning drain out all the water and wash the chana under running water.
- Now put the soaked chana in a pressure cooker along with 4 cups of water and salt.
- After the first whistle reduce the heat and cook it for 20 to 25 minutes. Open the pressure cooker after the pressure is released. Keep the chana aside.
- Now heat a kadai add oil.
- Now add cumin seeds, green chili and saute for a minute.
- Keep the flame low so as not to burn the ingredients.
- Add amchur powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt, turmeric powder, chili powder, chana masala and pepper powder. Mix them all well and saute for a minute.
- Add one fourth cup water to bring all the masalas together and to avoid them from burning.
- Cook the masala for two minutes, till the raw smell of the masala goes away.
- Once done add the boiled chana and mix everything very well. Let the chana simmer on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Your Prasad style kala chana is now ready to serve.
- Enjoy it as it is or with poori.
Keywords: kala chana prasad