Yields: 2 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 25 Mins
PUNJABI MAASH/URAD KI DAL is very tasty recipe and it is very easy to prepare it. It is super delicious and it is a very flavorful recipe.
- 1 cup maash/urad dal (without the skin)
- 4 cups water to boil the dal
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp chili flakes/chili powder
- 2 green chili finely chopped
- ¼ tsp asafoetida/hing
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp mustard oil/ghee
- Wash and soak the dal for at least 30 minutes.
- Now in a heavy bottomed vessel take dal and add water.
- Boil the dal on medium heat for at least 15 minutes.
- The dal should be cooked but not over cooked, it should be firm to touch but cooked.
- Heat a kadai add oil/ghee now add cumin seeds let it splutter, add finely chopped green chili, asafoetida, ginger paste, turmeric powder and salt.
- Saute for 2 to 3 minutes and add the cooked dal.
- Mix well. Cover and let the dal cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- There should not be any water in the dal.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and your Punjabi Maash ki dal is ready to serve.
- Enjoy with roti or parantha.
Keywords: punjabi maash dal urad