Yields: 2 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 20 Mins Cook Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 35 Mins
Quinoa Fried Rice is very tasty recipe and it is very easy to prepare it. It is super delicious and it is a very flavorful recipe.
- 1 cup – Quinoa
- 2 cups – Water
- 1 medium size – Carrot cut into cubes
- 1 medium size – Onion finely chopped
- ½ cup – Corn kernels
- ½ cup – Green Peas
- ¼ cup – Mint leaves
- ½ cup – Broccoli cut into florets
- 1 tbsp – lemon juice
- ¼ tsp – Pepper powder
- ¼ tsp – Turmeric powder (optional)
- ½ tsp – Garlic cloves finely chopped
- ½ tsp – Ginger finely chopped
- 1 tsp – Dry Rosemary (you can use thyme, oregano, basil or parsley)
- 2 tbsp – Oil
- 1 tsp – Salt
- Wash and rinse the quinoa thoroughly under running water.
- Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Now in a vessel heat 2 cups of water and add the quinoa, once the water comes to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook the quinoa on medium heat till all the water is absorbed. This takes about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, remove it from the heat and keep it aside.
- Now heat a kadai add oil. Add the finely chopped ginger and garlic and saute on low heat till the ginger and garlic lose their raw flavour, this takes about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add onions and saute till they are translucent.
- Add the vegetables one by one, first goes the carrots then the green peas and corn kernels.
- Add salt and mix well. Cover and cook for 7 to 8 minutes on low heat.
- Once the vegetables are done, add pepper powder and rosemary and mix well.
- Now add the cooked quinoa and mix well again.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 3 to 4 minutes for the quinoa to absorb all the flavours.
- Your healthy and tasty Quinoa fried rice is now ready to serve enjoy it with salads and raita.
Keywords: quinoa fried rice