Ragi flour is also called finger Miller flour. It is gluten- free, loaded with several essential amino acids and one of the best non- dairy source of calcium. Enjoy this delicious recipe
- 2 cups Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Ragi Flour
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Dry Yeast
- 1 cup Luke Warm Water
- Let us first proof the yeast. Take luke warm water in a bowl add sugar and dry yeast and mix well.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Now let us prepare the dough.
- Take wheat flour, ragi flour and to it add salt and oil, now once the yeast proves itself add it to the flour and prepare a smooth and soft dough. Add more water if required.
- The dough will be soft and sticky.
- Oil a bowl and place the dough in it and cover with a wet kitchen towel. Let it rest in a warm place for 2 hours. After 2 hours the dough will rise and become double its size.
- Knead it now and punch out all the air from the dough.
- Now grease a bread tin (loaf pan) and place the dough in it. Apply some ghee or butter on top and sprinkle some sesame seeds or pumpkin seeds (optional) and let it rest again for 30 minutes The dough will rise again and form its shape.
- Now bake the bread at 180C for 20 minutes or till it turns golden brown in colour. Once done brush it with butter or olive oil.
- Note: As soon as you take the bread from the oven cover it with a kitchen towel so that the bread retains the steam and stays soft. Keep covered for at least 10 minutes.
- Enjoy the bread as it is or with jam and butter.
Keywords: ragi wheat bread