Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 30 Mins Cook Time: 35 Mins Total Time: 1 Hr 5 Mins
Rawa Dhokla is very tasty recipe and it is very easy to prepare it. It is super delicious and it is a very flavorful recipe.
- 1 cup – Rawa/Suji
- 1.5 cups – Curd
- 10 to 12 – Curry leaves
- 1 tbsp finely chopped – Ginger
- 1 tsp – Sugar
- 1 tbsp – Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp – Sesame seeds
- 1 sachet – Eno/Fruit salt
- 2 tbsp – Oil
- 1 tsp – Salt
- Take a large mixing bowl add rawa, curd, salt, sugar and finely chopped ginger.
- Mix well, add half cup water if required and make a smooth lump free batter.
- The batter should be like idli batter neither too thick nor too thin.
- Now add eno and mix again.
- Grease a cake tin and pour the batter into it.
- Heat a large vessel with water and place the cake tin in which we have the rawa batter.
- Cover the large vessel with a lid and steam it for 20 to 25 minutes on medium heat.
- Insert a knife or skewer to check if the dhokla is done or not.
- If the knife comes out clean no need to steam it further.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool down.
- Let us now prepare the tadka.
- Heat a pan add oil, put some mustard seeds when it crackles add sesame seeds, curry leaves and mix well.
- Now pour the tadka on the prepared dhokla.
- Spread it out evenly. Take out the dhokla onto a plate and cut it into any shape you desire.
- Serve Rawa dhokla with mint and tamarind chutney.
Keywords: rawa dhokla