Yields: 2 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 25 Mins
The Red Pumpkin Pachadi is a dish that is packed with the goodness of red pumpkin. Its super delicious recipe.
- 500gms Pumpkin
- ½ cup Coconut – grated
- 7 to 8 Whole Red Chili (you can reduce the quantity if you don’t eat too much of spice)
- 1 Tamarind – small lemon size ball
- 1 tbsp Jaggery
- 2 tsp Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp for tadka and 1 tsp for grinding with coconut
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil – 1 tbsp for cooking 1 tbsp for tadka
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- Soak the tamarind in 1 cup water for 30 minutes and remove the seeds and pulp.
- Keep aside the tamarind water.
- Let us also grind the coconut, whole red chilies and mustard seeds in a mixer grinder and make a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- Now heat a kadai and add coconut oil.
- Note: You can use vegetable oil as well.
- Add pumpkin, salt and turmeric powder.
- Saute on low heat.
- Cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add half cup water to avoid burning the pumpkin.
- Cover and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Once the pumpkin becomes a little soft add the tamarind water and cover and cook for a minute or so.
- Add the jaggery powder.
- And cover it, let it cook for two more minutes.
- Now add the coconut paste and mix well.
- Let us now prepare the tadka.
- Heat some coconut oil add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Pour it over the simmering pachadi and mix well.
- Red pumpkin pachadi is now ready to serve.
- Enjoy it with steamed rice or roti.
Keywords: red pumpkin pachadi