If you are looking for something simple but memorable to make for the approaching festivities. You can try this Rose Barfi, which takes only a few minutes to make. This mithai dish requires no cooking and can be made by anyone. This rosy pleasure may be made with just a few simple kitchen ingredients. Make a batch of rose barfis and save them in an airtight jar for later use. If you enjoy the flavor and perfume of the rose, you’ll love this barfi dish. Everyone, whether children or adults, will undoubtedly enjoy this delectable sweet.
What is Rose Barfi?
Rose Barfi, also known as Rose Burfi, is a famous Indian sweet for the festival season. It’s basically Indian milk fudge flavored with rose water and edible rose petals. I also seasoned this burfi with cardamom because rose and cardamom form a delicious combination.
This sweet dish recipe with a hint of rose essence is a treat for your taste buds that you would enjoy after a rich dinner. This dessert recipe is both unusual and memorable. Barfi is supposed to be India’s favorite sweet dish, and what better way to create it than with a hint of rose? If you have a sweet tooth, this dessert recipe is guaranteed to make you happy. Enjoy all of the delectable flavors, maybe with some cold badam milk – A match made in heaven.
Notable Ingredients At A Glance
Cashew – Use unsalted and best-quality cashews for the best taste. Also, avoid cashews that smell and taste stale or rancid. I would recommend tasting the cashews before using them for the barfi.
Sugar – Sugar syrup is essential for texture and consistency. I prefer to keep it at one-string consistency, but I will try two strings for firmer textured burfi.
Milk Powder – Use high-quality whole milk powder for the best results.
Ghee – Ghee has a nutty and rich taste that makes and sweet even more appetizing.
Cardamom powder – Cardamom powder, as I mentioned earlier, forms a great combination with rose. Hence, for me, cardamom powder is a must in this recipe.
Food Color (Red) – Red food coloring adds a nice pink color to the sweet. If you do not prefer food color, you can skip it.
Rose Syrup – You will find this at your nearby Indian grocery store. The rose syrup will add the sweet aroma of rose, which is the uniqueness of this sweet.
Chopped pistachios & Dried Rose petals – I have used chopped pistachios and dried rose petals for garnishing. You can use any other nuts for garnishing.
How To Prepare Rose Barfi?
Begin by grinding the cashew into a fine powder and chopping a few of them.
Now take a big pan and add water and sugar to it. Stir carefully to dissolve the sugar. Boil for 5 minutes till a thick syrup is formed or until the consistency of 1 string is reached.
Add the ground cashew, milk powder, cardamom powder, rose syrup, and ghee to the sugar syrup. Mix them thoroughly.
Now add the chopped cashew and the food color. Keep mixing till it becomes thick.
In a tray, place butter paper or parchment paper and grease it with ghee. Pour out the mixture into it and spread evenly. Garnish with chopped pistachios and dried rose petals.
Cut into small squares or diamond shapes. Place it in the refrigerator and cool for 60 mins in the fridge. Your rose barfi is now ready to be served.
Some Expert Tips For Preparing Rose Barfi
- I have used store-bought rose syrup or gulab sharbat. Depending on the flavor’s intensity, you can replace the rose syrup with drops of rose essence. If you use rose essence, you can increase the sugar in the recipe by 1 or 2 tablespoons.
- Make sure that the entire burfi-making process is done on LOW FLAME.
- If desired, you can garnish with edible silver (vark).
- If your burfi does not set, it is because the mixture was undercooked. Return the mixture to the heat, cook for a few minutes until it leaves the edge of the pan, and then set it aside.
- Cooking for a more extended period of time or using an overcooked mixture results in chewy barfi, which you want to avoid. The secret is to remove the mixture at the proper time. Like any other Indian mithai, the best way to master it is to start with tiny batches.
- You can acquire thick or thin barfis or katli depending on the plate or pan you use to spread the mixture.
Rose Barfi is very easy and simple to make and extremely delicious. It is very flavorful and a must try!
- 1 cup whole that will be ground+ 2 tsp chopped Cashew
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Milk Powder
- 1 tsp Ghee
- ¼ tsp Cardamom powder
- 4 or 5 drops Food Color (Red)
- 1 tbsp Rose syrup
- 4 tbsp Chopped pistachios
- 10–12 Dried Rose petals
- Grind the cashew into a powder.
- Add 1 cup sugar and ¼ cup water in a pan and cook it till it becomes a thick syrup.(1 string consistency)
- Add the ground cashew, milk powder, cardamom powder, rose syrup and ghee and mix.
- Add the food color.
- Stir well and then add the chopped cashew.
- Keep mixing till it becomes thick.
- In a tray place a butter paper or parchment paper and grease it with ghee.
- Pour the mixture and spread evenly.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios.
- Cool for 60 mins in the fridge.
- Cut into squares
- Spread edible dried rose petals.
Keywords: rose barfi