This delightful coffee recipe is light, smooth, and fragrant and is the ideal complement to a lovely summer day. With soft rose tones and a small amount of spice, this uncomplicated rose coffee recipe may quickly become your go-to summer drink.
What is rose coffee?
Rose coffee is a blend of romanticism, toasty coziness, and your favorite childhood memories. More precisely, the buttery, toasted hazelnut flavor enhances the sweet, flowery notes of roses.
Also, since rose petals are high in immune-boosting antioxidants, a well-made Rose Latte would be helpful to your health. Because of the rose petals used in the preparation, the drink will have anti-inflammatory effects as well as aid digestion. A Rose Latte is pink, beautiful, sweet, and healthy. What a lovely combination! Isn’t it?
Notable Ingredients at a Glance
Dried rose petals: You will get dried rose petals in many departmental or herb stores. In case you can’t find it, you can also use rose water. You will need 3-4 tablespoons of dried rose petals.
Honey: Use good quality honey; otherwise, it can ruin your coffee. 2 tablespoons of honey will be enough.
Instant coffee: Use any kind of brew of your choice. Preferably instant coffee, as it will be quicker and easier.
Sugar: A lot of people don’t prefer sugar nowadays. So, you can also use sugar substitutes.
Milk: You can take whole milk or low fat milk, as per your choice. But, the one with whole milk will be much creamier.
How to prepare rose coffee?
In a tea kettle, boil half a cup of water for 1 minute. Once the water starts boiling, add the rose petals and honey to it. Turn off the heat and set it aside for 2 minutes.
Filter and store the liquid in a jar. Your rose syrup is now made and ready to use.
In another pot, boil the milk. Add sugar or a sugar substitute of your choice and stir it for a minute or until sugar granules have dissolved.
Pour the milk into a cup and whisk in the instant coffee and 2 tablespoons of rose syrup.
Garnish with dried rose petals, if desired. Your delicious rose coffee is ready to be served.
Note: Use cold milk and ice if you wish to have cold rose coffee.
Some expert tips for preparing rose coffee
- The creamer can be frothed and used to make a latte.
- You can refrigerate and use it within one week.
- Depending on how strong you want the flavor, add more or less rose syrup.
- Instead, you can use ordinary milk, low-fat milk, almond milk, hemp milk, lactose-free milk, or oat milk.
- You can store and use the rose syrup in making any other drink like rose milk shake or rose lassi.
Rose Coffee is very easy and simple to make and does not take much time. It is very flavorful and a must try!
- 3 tbsp + 1 tbsp Dried rose petals
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Instant coffee
- 1 tsp Sugar or sugar substitute
- 1 cup Milk
- In a kettle boil 1⁄2 cup water for 1 min then add the rose petals and honey in it.
- Turn off the heat and let it settle for 2 mins.
- Strain it into a cup. The rose syrup is now ready for use.
- Boil milk in a pot and add sugar or sugar substitute
- Pour it into a cup and add instant coffee and 2 tbsp of the rose syrup and stir.
- Garnish with some dried rose petals.
Keywords: rose coffee