Shredded chicken salad is a great way to use up leftover, cooked chicken or turkey. It’s also an excellent way to get your family acquainted with healthy and tasty foods without them realizing it!
This recipe for Shredded Chicken Salad will help you create flavorful dishes while still maintaining good nutrition.Print
Chicken salad can be made in a variety of ways. Today I am sharing a very easy and simple chicken salad recipe which is tasty, healthy and very easy to prepare.
- 1 cup Chicken – boiled and shredded
- 1 Onion – finely chopped
- ½ cup Corn Kernels – boiled if fresh otherwise canned or frozen
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper – small finely chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper – small finely chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper – small finely chopped
- 6–7 Garlic – cloves finely chopped
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tbsp Chili flakes (you can reduce the quantity if you want to)
- 1 tbsp Teriyaki sauce (store bought)
- 1 tsp Pesto sauce (store bought)
- ½ tsp Salt
- Heat a kadai add 1tsp oil. Add garlic sauté for 2 minutes till golden brown in colour or till the raw smell of garlic goes.
- Add onions sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add salt and chili flakes. Saute for a minute.
- Now add corn kernels, red bell pepper, green bell pepper and yellow bell pepper.
- Mix all the vegetables properly on medium flame and add chicken, oregano, pesto sauce and teriyaki sauce.
- Sauté them for 3 to 4 minutes on low flame. Check the seasoning. Add salt if required.
- Shredded chicken salad is now ready to serve.
- You can serve it with any bread of your choice or enjoy it as it is.
- It is a complete meal in itself.
if you use fresh corn, you will need to boil it till it’s cooked and soft.
Keywords: chicken salad shredded