Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 10 Mins Total Time: 20 Mins
South Indian Style Cabbage Curry
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
Here is a South Indian style Cabbage curry recipe which is very easy to make and is extremely delicious!!
- 1 Cabbage – medium size chopped
- 1 Carrot – medium chopped into 2 cm cubes
- ½ cup Green peas
- 1 cup Coconut – grated
- 4 Green Chili – slit length wise
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 2 Red Chili
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Heat oil in a wide pan.
- Add mustard seeds to it and let it splutter, now add red chilies, urad dal and fry on low heat for half a minute.
- Now add the green chilies, cabbage, salt and turmeric. Give it a good mix and add green peas and carrots and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are all cooked add the grated coconut and mix them all well.
- Cover and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Your cabbage curry is now ready to serve with rice or roti, garnish with some freshly grated coconut.
Keywords: cabbage curry