Yields: 1 Serving Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 10 Mins Total Time: 20 Mins
Tomato Chutney is a traditional South Indian condiment made with tomatoes and spices. It is usually served with Idli and dosa.
- 2 Tomato – medium size finely chopped
- 1 Onion – medium size finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Coconut
- 2 Kashmiri Red Chili
- 4 Dry Red Chili
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 8 to 10 Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Mustard/ Rai Seeds
- ½ tsp Salt
- Oil for frying and seasoning
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a kadai.
- Add onions and saute for a minute, then add garlic cloves, salt and chili and saute for 2 minutes.
- Now add coconut and tomatoes and saute for 2 to 3 minutes or till all the water from the tomatoes dry up.
- Once all the water has dried up let it cool.
- Now add it to a blender and make a smooth paste.
- Heat some oil add mustard seeds and let it splutter now add the curry leaves.
- Put the tadka in the chutney and mix it all well.
- South Indian style tomato chutney is now ready.
- Enjoy it with idli or dosa.
Keywords: tomato chutney