Special or Dhaba style Allu Palak is very tasty recipe and it is very easy to prepare it. It is super delicious and it is a very flavorful recipe.
- 4 – Potatoes washed, boiled and peeled
- 500 gms – Palak washed and chopped
- 6 to 8 – Garlic cloves finely chopped
- 4 medium size – Tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 medium size – Onion finely chopped
- ½ cup – Curd
- 1 tsp – turmeric powder
- 1 tsp – Chili powder
- 1 tsp – Garam masala powder (MDH brand)
- ¼ tsp – Asafetida
- ½ tsp – Cumin seeds
- ½ tsp – Mustard seeds
- 4 tbsp – Mustard oil (you can use any oil of your choice except coconut oil)
- 1 tsp – Salt
- Heat a kadai add oil shallow fry the potatoes till golden brown in colour. Remove from kadai and keep it aside.
- In the same kadai with the remaining oil let us prepare the masala for allu palak.
- Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds and let them crackle. Add asafetida and onion and saute for 4 to 5 minutes on medium heat or till they turn translucent.
- Once the onions are done add finely chopped garlic and saute for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add tomatoes and cook on medium heat for 7 to 8 minutes. Add curd n mix well. Cook on low heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- The curd adds a nice creamy taste to the palak.
- Now add salt, turmeric, chili powder and garam masala powder. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes on low heat.
- Once the tomatoes are done add the palak. Cover and cook on low heat for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Palak will release a lot of water on cooking. Let all the water from palak dry up then add the potatoes.
- Cover and cook for 7 to 8 minutes for the potatoes to absorb all the flavours.
- You can add water if you want but since I made a dry subzi I did not add any water.
- Special or Dhaba style Allu Palak can be enjoyed with roti, paratha or poori.
Keywords: dhaba special style allu palak