Spicy Baby Potatoes
Potatoes are one of the most versatile and adaptable vegetables available. They can all benefit from soups, salads, main courses, bread, and side dishes.
They’re delicious and can be prepared in almost any way you like. They can be mashed or whipped and served as a side dish with or without gravy. We enjoy them all, whether mashed, steamed, roasted, or baked. This recipe is really simple and unique, and just like its main ingredient, it is highly versatile and can be served as an appetizer or side dish at lunch or dinner.
What are Spicy Baby Potatoes?
Spicy Baby Potatoes are tasty and simple to prepare. The best part is that you won’t feel guilty because they are gluten-free and vegan.
Each potato is coated with a blend of earthy, spicy, and tangy spices, making this a crowd-pleasing appetizer. Potatoes are traditionally cooked, peeled, and then sautéed in seasonings. However, because I enjoy one-pot meals, I have modified this recipe to be made in a single pot or an instant pot.
These Spicy Bombay Potatoes can be served as an appetizer or as a side dish. Serve with toothpicks as an appetizer during a party. Serve these spicy baby potatoes with lentils and rice as a side dish. I usually put these on a tray and serve them with cocktail picks on the side. It doesn’t even require extra plates or bowls.
Notable Ingredients At A Glance
Baby Potatoes – I used small potatoes because they keep their shape beautifully when cooked. You can alternatively use Yukon Gold potatoes (also known as baking potatoes), which do not fall apart when cooked.
Spices – Spices are the key ingredient of this recipe. The perfect blend of spices makes this dish tasty. So, I have used a variety of spices like whole coriander, whole cumin, chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala, black cardamom, and black pepper.
Red-Green Chilis – I have used both red and green chilis for this recipe. The green chilies add heat, and the red ones impart color.
Coriander/Cilantro – I have garnished it with fresh coriander.
Oil – Use can use vegetable oil, olive oil, sunflower oil, or any other neutral oil for this recipe.
How To Prepare Spicy Baby Potatoes?
To begin, heat a wok and add oil.
Sauté for a minute after adding whole coriander, entire jeera, black cardamom, and green chilies.
Mix in the boiled potatoes, salt, chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, pepper powder, and garam masala powder, and cook until all of the masalas are well combined.
Garnish with some fresh coriander, and serve hot.
Some Expert Tips For Preparing Spicy Baby Potatoes
- Using baby potatoes is highly recommended, rather than cubed potatoes.
- Cook the entire dish on low to medium heat until golden brown.
- Roast the spices well on low heat to avoid scorching.
- You can also add in some lemon juices to incorporate some tanginess.
Spicy Baby Potatoes (gluten free, vegan) is very tasty recipe and it is very easy to prepare it. It is super delicious and it is a very flavorful recipe.
- 500 gms Baby potatoes – boiled and peeled
- 6 to 7 Red-Green chilies – slit
- ½ cup Fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp Whole coriander
- 1 tsp Whole cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Rock salt (you can use table salt also in case you don’t have rock salt)
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Coriander/Dhania powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 4 to 5 Black cardamom
- 1 tsp Black pepper powder
- Heat a wok add oil.
- Now add whole coriander, whole jeera, black cardamom and green chilies and saute for a minute.
- Add the boiled potatoes, salt, chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, pepper powder, garam masala powder and mix everything very well so that all the masalas incorporate well.
- Add fresh coriander and mix well.
- Your Spicy baby potato is now ready to serve.
- Enjoy with roti or paratha.
Keywords: spicy baby potatoes