Yields: 2 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 25 Mins
Sprouted Green Mung Dal is very tasty recipe and it is very easy to prepare it. It is super delicious and it is a very flavorful recipe.
- 2 cups sprouted green mung dal
- ½ cup curd
- 1 medium size onion finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger – garlic paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Mustard oil
- In a pressure cooker add the sprouted mung dal along with 1 cup water.
- Cook till you get 2 whistles on high heat.
- Let the pressure of the pressure cooker release on its own.
- Once the pressure cooker opens keep it aside.
- Now heat a kadai add mustard oil. Heat the mustard oil to its smoking point.
- Add onions saute on medium heat add salt, coriander powder, chili powder and saute for a minute.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute for 3 to 4 minutes till the raw smell of ginger and garlic goes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and curd and mix well. Saute on medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add half cup water if required.
- Once the masala is done add the cooked dal and 2 cups of water.
- Mix well and cook for 10 to 12 minutes on medium heat.
- Keep stirring in between.
- You can adjust the consistency of the dal by adding more water if you want your dal to be a little runny.
- I did not add much water as I wanted the dal to be thick to be had with roti and paratha.
- Garnish with some coriander leaves and chopped tomatoes.
Keywords: sprouted green mung dal