Steamed Dahi Wada is very tasty recipe and it is very easy to prepare it. It is super delicious and it is a very flavorful recipe.
- 1 cup – Yellow mung dal
- ½ cup – Urad dal
- 2 cups – Curd
- 4 tbsp – Green mint chutney
- 6 tbsp – Tamarind chutney
- 1 tsp – Red chili powder
- 1 tsp – Dry roasted masala (1tsp coriander seeds, 1tsp cumin seeds, 4 dry red chillies dry roast all of them in a pan. Let it cool down grind it in a coffee grinder to a fine powder)
- 1 tsp – Salt
- Oil for greasing the idli mould
- Wash the yellow mung dal and urad dal separately and soak them for 7 to 8 hours or overnight for best results.
- Grind them separately in a mixer grinder and mix both the dals together and leave the mixture in a warm place to ferment.
- Fermentation will take about 6 to 7 hours depending on the weather of a place.
- Fermentation will be faster if the weather is warm.
- Once it ferments the dal batter will be double its size.
- Add salt to the dal batter and mix well.
- Grease idli mould with ghee/oil and put one ladle full of the dal mixture into each mould.
- Put the idli stand into the steamer and steam them.
- It will take about 12 to 15 minutes for the wadas to get ready.
- Insert a toothpick/skewer to check if they are done or not.
- If the skewer comes out clean then the wadas are done or else steam for some more time.
- Let us now assemble the Dahi wadas
- Whisk the curd till it turns smooth and creamy.
- Now take a serving plate put 4 wadas pour beaten curd, tamarind chutney, mint chutney, sprinkle some salt, roasted dry masala, red chili powder, and coriander leaves over them.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and pomegranate seeds.
- Enjoy your Holi celebrations with mouthwatering Guilt free Steamed Dahi wada.
Keywords: steamed dahiwada