Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 3 Hr Cook Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 3 Hr 20 Mins
Stuffed Garlic Bread is an easy to make popular appetizer which requires very simple ingredients. Delight the whole family with this one!
- 2 cups Wheat flour (you can also use refined flour/maida)
- 2 tbsp Oil (I have used olive oil you can use any oil of your choice)
- 1 tbsp Oregano (I have used oregano but you can use any herb)
- 1 tbsp Chili Flakes
- 1 tbsp Garlic Paste – crushed coarsely in a mortar and pestle
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Dry Yeast
- 1 cup Luke Warm Water
- Let us first proof the yeast. Take luke warm water in a bowl add sugar and dry yeast and mix well.Let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Next prepare the filling for the garlic bread.
- Take mozzarella cheese, to it add oregano, basil, chili flakes, salt and Italian seasoning.Mix it all well.
- Now let us prepare the dough.
- Take wheat flour and to it add salt, chili flakes, oregano, garlic paste and oil, now once the yeast proves itself add it to the flour and prepare a smooth and soft dough. Add more water if required.
- Grease a bowl and place the dough in it and cover with a wet kitchen towel. Let it rest in a warm place for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours the dough will rise and become double its size. Knead it now and punch out all the air from the dough.
- Now divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Sprinkle some flour on the kitchen platform and roll out the dough like a roti. It should be a thick roti about 1 cm in thickness.
- Put the cheese filling inside and fold the roti like the English alphabet D.
- Now with the help of a pizza cutter or knife make marks over the bread without cutting them. Do the same with the rest of the dough.
- Grease a baking tray and place the garlic bread on it and keep it aside for one hour. The dough will rise again.
- Now bake the garlic bread at 180C or 350F for 10 minutes or till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Once done brush it with butter or olive oil. Cut the garlic bread into pieces and serve.
Keywords: stuffed garlic bread