Arbi is a very commonly available vegetable and is rich in micro nutrients like iron, copper, magnesium, potassium and zinc. This Arbi recipe is also a no onion no garlic recipe.It is very quick and easy recipe.
- 500 gms Arbi – boiled, peeled and cut into slices
- 2 Green Chili – finely chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh Coriander
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Asafetida/Hing
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Ajwain/Caraway Seeds
- 1 tsp Mustard/Rai Seeds
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Rock Salt (you can use table salt also)
- Heat a kadai add oil.
- Add cumin seeds, caraway seeds, mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Now add green chili, ginger paste and sauté for a minute.
- Now add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and garam masala powder and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, till the raw smell of the masala goes away.
- Add the arbi mix it very well with the masala and cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add asafetida and mix well.
- Your sukhe arbi is now ready to serve, garnish with some fresh coriander and enjoy with Indian flat bread roti, paratha or naan.
Keywords: sukhe arbi taro root