Yields: 20 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 30 Mins Cook Time: 40 Mins Total Time: 1 Hr 10 Mins
Tikona Nimki is a variation of Namak paare snack. It is a layered, crunchy triangular shaped snack covered with very yummy spice mixture.
- 2 cups Maida/All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Rock salt (you can use table salt as well)
- 1 tsp Sugar – 1tsp
- 1 tsp Kalonji/Nigella seeds – 1tsp
- 2 tbsp Ghee (for “mayan”)
- Water for kneading the dough
- Oil for frying
- Take 2 cups of all-purpose flour add salt, sugar, kalonji and ghee/oil.
- Mix them all very well, this process is called “mayan”, this makes the Nimki very light and crisp.
- Rub the ghee into the flour very well with your fingers.
- Now add water and make a tight dough.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for half an hour.
- Make small balls with the dough and grease your kitchen platform.
- Now with the help of a rolling pin flatten it out into a circle like you would do for a poori but as thin as possible.
- Now fold the poori into a half which will resemble English alphabet “D”.
- Again, further fold the “D” into a triangle. n the same way roll out rest of the nimkis.
- Heat oil in a wok and then reduce the heat once oil is hot.
- Slowly drop the nimkis into the hot oil, be careful not to spill the oil. Fry the nimkis on low heat to make them crisp. Drain each batch on a paper towel before cooling them fully.
- Serve hot or store them in an airtight container after it is cooled to room temperature.
- Serve Bengali Style Tikona Nimki Recipe (Triangle Shaped Salty Snacks) along with Ginger Cardamom Chai (Spice Infused Indian Masala Chai).
Keywords: tikona nimki