Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 30 Mins
Tinda Masala is a yummy and easy recipe. Tinda masala is usually served with roti or parantha. Enjoy!!
- 500 gms Tinda
- 3 Tomato – medium size finely chopped
- 1 Onion – medium size finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste – ginger 1 inch, garlic 7 to 8 cloves crushed in a mortar and pestle
- 1 heaped tsp Coriander/Dhania Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 3 tbsp Mustard Oil
- Take a kadai and heat oil. Add onion sauté for 1 minute and add salt.
- Now add ginger-garlic paste and fry. Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, coriander powder and red chili powder. Fry the masala till the tomatoes soften and the oil separates out.
- Now add the sliced tinda and mix well with the masala.
- Cover and cook for 8 to 9 minutes. In between keep stirring it, there is no need to add water as tinda gives out lots of water when cooked. So, it will get cooked in its own water.]
- You will come to know it is cooked when the tinda becomes tender.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and sprinkle some garam masala and mix well.
- Tinda masala is ready to serve with roti or parantha.
Keywords: tinda masala