Vegetable Korma is very tasty recipe and it is very easy to prepare it. It is super delicious and it is a very flavorful recipe.
- 1 Onion – medium finely chopped
- 2 Potato – medium size cut into cubes
- 1 cup French Beans- finely chopped
- 1 Cauliflower- small cut into florets
- 2 Carrots- medium size cut into cubes
- 1 cup Green peas
- 2 Tomato- medium size chopped fine
- 1/2 cup Fresh coriander (for garnish)
- 1 inch Ginger – finely chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic – finely chopped
- 2 Green chilies- slit length wise
- 1-inch Cinnamon stick piece
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg powder
- 2 Cardamom
- 5 to 6 Curry leaves
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil (you can use refined oil or sesame seed oil as well)
- ½ cup Coconut – grated
- 2 Green chilies – chopped roughly
- 1 tbsp Poppy/Khuskhus seeds
- 6 Cashewnuts
- ½ tbsp Sesame seeds
- Put all the above ingredients i.e. grated coconut, green chilies, cashewnuts, poppy seeds and sesame seeds in a chutney grinder with half a cup of water and make a smooth paste and keep it aside.
- Now heat a kadai add oil add cinnamon stick and cardamom.
- Add slit green chilies and curry leaves, let it splutter.
- Add onions and fry for 2minutes or till the onions become transparent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and tomatoes and saute for 5 to 6 minutes on medium heat.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Add the vegetables one by one first goes the potatoes then carrots followed by beans, cauliflower and green peas.
- Mix everything well and cover and cook for 6 to 7 minutes or till the vegetables become tender.
- Sprinkle the nutmeg powder.
- Be careful not to overcook the vegetables.
- Now add the coconut paste and mix everything well.
- Add half cup water.
- Cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with appam, roti or paratha.
Vegetable Korma should have a thick consistency so be careful not to add too much water.
Keywords: vegetable korma