Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 3 Hr Cook Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 3 Hr 15 Mins
Whole Wheat Buns are soft and fluffy dinner rolls made with only whole wheat. These are very tasty and nurtitious.
- 2 cups Wheat Flour
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Dry Yeast
- 1 cup (250ml) Lukewarm Water
- Let us first proof the yeast. Take lukewarm water in a bowl add sugar and dry yeast and mix well.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Now let us prepare the dough.
- Take wheat flour and to it add salt and olive oil. Next add the prepared yeast to the flour and prepare a smooth and soft dough. Add more water if required.
- The dough will be soft and sticky.
- Oil a bowl and place the dough in it and cover with a wet kitchen towel. Let it rest in a warm place for 2 hours. After 2 hours the dough will rise and become double its size.
- Knead it again and punch out all the air from the dough.
- Now divide the dough into 4 or 6 equal portions, depending on how big buns you want.
- Grease a baking tray and place the wheat balls.
- Apply some ghee or butter and sprinkle some sesame seeds (optional) and let it rest again for 30 minutes The dough will rise again and form its shape.
- Now bake the buns at 180C or 350Ffor 10 minutes or till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Once done brush it with butter or olive oil.
- Note: As soon as you take the buns out from the oven cover them with a kitchen towel so that the burgers retain their steam and stay soft. Keep them covered for atleast 10 minutes. Enjoy the buns as it is or with jam and butter.
Keywords: whole wheat buns