Yields: 2 Servings Difficulty: Difficult Prep Time: 3 Hr Cook Time: 30 Mins Total Time: 3 Hr 30 Mins
Whole Wheat Foot long is very tasty recipe and it is very easy to prepare it. It is super delicious and it is a very flavorful recipe.
- 200 gms whole wheat flour
- 60 gms rawa
- 1/2 tbsp yeast
- 1 tbsp milk powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil (you can use vegetable oil as well)
- ½ tsp salt
- Let us first proof the yeast. Take luke warm water in a bowl add sugar and dry yeast and mix well.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Now let us prepare the dough.
- Take wheat flour in a large mixing bowl and add rawa, salt, milk powder and olive oil.
- Mix them well with your hands. Keep it aside.
- Once the yeast proves itself add it to the flour and prepare a smooth and soft dough.
- Add more water if required.
- The dough will be soft and sticky.
- Oil a bowl and place the dough in it and cover with a wet kitchen towel.
- Let it rest in a warm place for 45 minutes to one hour or till it’s double its size.
- After 1 hour the dough will rise and become double its size.
- Knead it again and punch out all the air from the dough.
- Now divide the dough into 2 equal portions. I got 300 gms of dough which I divided into 2 halves.
- Roll one portion of the dough into a log and elongate it a bit so that it is almost a foot long.
- Grease a tray and place the foot long on it and apply egg wash.
- Note : beat an egg and with the help of a brush apply it on the bread that is egg wash.
- Take a sharp knife and make incisions on the dough.
- Now keep this covered again for 1 hour.
- The dough will rise again.
- Preheat an oven at 180 degrees celcius.
- Now bake the foot longs at 180 degrees Celsius for 20 to 25 minutes or till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Once done brush it with butter or olive oil.
- Note: As soon as you take the loafs out from the oven cover them with a kitchen towel so that the loafs retain their steam and stay soft.
- Keep them covered for atleast 10 minutes.
- Enjoy the loafs with soup or with jam and butter.
Keywords: whole wheat foot long