Yields: 3 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 5 Mins Total Time: 20 Mins
Yellow Moong Dal Salad is very tasty recipe and it is very easy to prepare it. It is super delicious and it is a very flavorful recipe.
- ½ cup yellow mung dal
- 1 medium size tomato finely chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped (you can add more if you like the flavour of raw onions)
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- ½ cucumber finely chopped
- ¼ cup coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- ½ tsp pepper powder (optional)
- ½ tsp salt (Chaat masala has salt in it so I have added less salt you can increase or decrease the quantity depending on your taste)
- Wash the yellow mung dal under running water and soak it for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours drain out all the excess water. After soaking the dal will become double its quantity.
- Now put the dal in a pan and add half cup water, cover and cook the dal for only 5 MINUTES.
- We do not want boiled soft dal that’s the reason we are not putting the dal in a pressure cooker.
- We want the dal to just become a little soft so we are cooking it for only 5 minutes. Drain away all the excess water.
- Now transfer the dal in a large mixing bowl, add tomatoes, finely chopped cucumbers, finely chopped green chilies, salt, chaat masala, pepper powder, lime juice, and green coriander.
- Toss them all very well so that all the ingredients mix well.
- Serve it immediately and enjoy your guilt free Yellow Mung Dal salad.
Keywords: yellow moong dal salad